Kaplan or PR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgboy

s2k fanatic
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to choose between the two since I'll be taking MCAT next April. Based on your experiences, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Kaplan and Princeton Review?

I'm the type that benefits more from taking many practice tests, rather than have a teacher that lectures about the material for hours. Which of these two have more number of practice tests and more accurate ones that closely reflect the real MCAT?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken both. If you need good review, go with Princeton. They provide much better detail regarding the stuff you need to know. I also think the way they set up the study plan reinforces the concepts you are trying to learn in a much better way also. There is about 30% more class time in Princeton when compared to Kaplan. Kaplan does have more in regards to materials, but you will have plenty in princeton, although I do wish they provided more verbal materials. In my opinion Princeton review is better than Kaplan in just about everything.

Tooth

kgboy said:
Hey guys,

I have to choose between the two since I'll be taking MCAT next April. Based on your experiences, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Kaplan and Princeton Review?

I'm the type that benefits more from taking many practice tests, rather than have a teacher that lectures about the material for hours. Which of these two have more number of practice tests and more accurate ones that closely reflect the real MCAT?

Thanks.

If you just want more practice tests and less classroom, then Kaplan is what you are looking for. But I don't think you will run short of material with TPR either. Kaplan has about 11 or 12 practice tests of their own and then the AAMC tests as well.