Kaplan or Princeton Books/Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msd848

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking a Kaplan course in the spring... but am starting to rethink since Ive noticed everybody is basically recommending ExamKrackers and PR books...

should I just take a princeton review course.. or should I stick 2 the kaplan course.. and just do some examkrackers?

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on taking a Kaplan course in the spring... but am starting to rethink since Ive noticed everybody is basically recommending ExamKrackers and PR books...

should I just take a princeton review course.. or should I stick 2 the kaplan course.. and just do some examkrackers?

Kaplan >>>>> TPR course, IMO.

Though ExamKrackers books are the best self study guide I've seen.

A formal class is good for a disciplined study plan and asking questions, though.

No, TPR is much better I will say. I recommend it fully. Their material, while difficult, are great stuff. Use them in conjunction with Examkrackers.

No, TPR is much better I will say. I recommend it fully. Their material, while difficult, are great stuff. Use them in conjunction with Examkrackers.

OP, get used to the varied opinions.

I found TPR to fail on strategy and test taking skills, which are HUGE on the MCAT. Their books are like textbooks, with mind-numbing detail and much wasted time. At least they were a couple of years ago.

Kaplan had tons of detail too, often too much. But at least they taught a ton of test taking skills, too.

EK wins on being concise and not wasting a second of your time. They might leave out a few details, but they cover about 97% of the test material and take about a third of the time to get through everything, compared to the other companies.

About the whole Kaplan vs TPR classroom course, it depends far too much on location. In some areas, Kaplan may have the best teachers; in another, TPR. The best gauge to determine which class is better for you is to ask to sit in on a class. If that's not possible, ask your fellow pre-med friends, that took a class in your area, how their class went. You could also ask some of your professors to see if they know anything about the quality of Kaplan and TPR teachers in your area. The key here is YOUR area.