Kaplan or Princeton Review private tutoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdsweetie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received private tutoring from Kaplan or Princeton Review? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anyone who has done it, but I bet most people here will say it's not worth the money. Isn't it really expensive?

I have privately tutored people for Kaplan, since I'm an instructor. My recommendation is that it is reasonably expensive, but can be useful if you make the most of it. If you post more specific information about why the MCAT is causing you trouble I could probably give you better advice. I think on the whole though, it will really come down to how motivated you are. I can tell you right now, that I thoroughly enjoy tutoring someone who actually wants to learn and enjoys spending time improving on the MCAT. That may be a lot to ask for, but that is essentially what it takes.

the tpr private tutoring is really really good for physics and g chem. For bio I just bug my teacher's for extra help if it really comes to that :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a private tutor / instructor for Kaplan and agree 100% with Food. It is quite expensive, but if you are motivated and prepare specific questions for the sessions, it can be very useful.
One suggestion that seems to make things go smoother: Email your tutor before the session with a list of the Q's/topics that you want to go over. That way, we can brush up on the material and prepare better answers.