---> Kaplan Paper Version :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdasdasd89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN members

So I have the FL Kaplan 1-11 HOWEVER it is the OLD paper version with more questions.

I only plan on doing the Verbal section for these, but is it WORTH doing them in the old 85 min 60Q format? (it takes a lot longer for each passage...)

Also, are these similar to the Kaplan FL that everyone talks about? Are the verbal scores representative of the real MCAT score?

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the FL in the appropriate format for the version you own. In this case, go with the old timing since you have the old test.

The Kaplan FLs everyone talks about are the CBT versions only offered through Kaplan's class. I think Kaplan actually made new tests for their CBTs, but I'm not sure.

Kaplan's verbal is not representative of the verbal you'll see on test day.

sn2ed, in what way are they not representative? i'd say it's a little easier, but still some of the questions are pretty dang tricky.

sn2ed, in what way are they not representative? i'd say it's a little easier, but still some of the questions are pretty dang tricky.

Kaplan's verbal focuses more on finding/remembering minute details in the passage. Conversely, AAMC's verbal focuses more on the application of the passage's main idea and the author's opinion. The AAMC rarely tests your detail hunting abilities. When they ask detail oriented questions, it's usually a trick to take up your time. You could probably apply the main idea and/or author's opinion and get your answer through one of those.