Kaplan Physics is Harder than Actual OAT Test Physics?

robinchm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am currently doing some Kaplan physics practice tests. I am horrible at physics, but it doesn't seem like there is anyway to do these problems in the right amount of time without a calculator. I have heard from a few friends that said that Kaplan physics is much harder (fingers crossed) and I was wondering if anyone else heard something similar.

Members don't see this ad.

robinchm,

Physics can seem tough in the beginning, however, practice is going to make perfect with this section of the exam even more than others. While we have had some feedback that a few of our questions seem more difficult than the real thing we believe this is the most honest representation of the material you need to know for test day.

If you have further questions on this please feel free to PM me! I would be happy to help!

Best of luck studying!

Patrick

My test is this Saturday unfortunately, and I am pretty sure I am not prepared for physics. This is why I wanted to take the test early; to see where I am at on the actual thing and not just practice tests...

Hey,

I am currently doing some Kaplan physics practice tests. I am horrible at physics, but it doesn't seem like there is anyway to do these problems in the right amount of time without a calculator. I have heard from a few friends that said that Kaplan physics is much harder (fingers crossed) and I was wondering if anyone else heard something similar.

I studied for the OAT last year using the Kaplan book. I had a horrible physics professor in college and had to re-teach myself nearly everything. I thought the physics section was extremely hard in the Kaplan book, and I got very discouraged. So you are not alone. I bought an SAT review book for physics and went through the whole thing. I found that very helpful. I was scoring between 240-280 on the Kaplan OAT practice exams. However, when I took the OAT last summer I scored a 360 (93rd percentile).

So I thought the OAT was much easier. Study hard, and keep your chin up. If I can do it, you can too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied for the OAT last year using the Kaplan book. I had a horrible physics professor in college and had to re-teach myself nearly everything. I thought the physics section was extremely hard in the Kaplan book, and I got very discouraged. So you are not alone. I bought an SAT review book for physics and went through the whole thing. I found that very helpful. I was scoring between 240-280 on the Kaplan OAT practice exams. However, when I took the OAT last summer I scored a 360 (93rd percentile).

So I thought the OAT was much easier. Study hard, and keep your chin up. If I can do it, you can too.

I have heard that the SAT book is great for physics, but I am out of time. If i have to retake it, i will definitely get it. I am scoring in that exact range, so I am hoping I do better on the actual test too! Thanks for the advice :)