Kaplan Physics Sectional Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Weird question, but I sit here taking these things and consistently make ~45% on every one of them. Is this exceedingly low or does it match up with ~9-10 on the Physics portion of the MCAT?
Anyone getting the same?
Are these generally a tad easier or harder than the ones on the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my ass kicked on the second one (60%), but i got an 80% on the second one.

I do not know how it stands in relation with the actualy AAMC one. They are rough though.

This is really funny because I was about to come on here to make almost the same post

60% is decent. I don't know why, but I can't seem to break past 45%, lol.

i meant i got a 60% on the first one and a 80% on the second one.

Make sure you go over EVERY question and read the passage to really understand why you got it wrong.

Dont let it get you down. Kaplan is an ass when it comes to PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored an 8 on verbal on my diagnostic and only got 48 percent correct, so id assume a 9 or 10 is about 55 to 60 percent correct. From what i heard, kaplans physics sections are harder than the real mcat, but the real mcats verbal section is a little tougher.

I scored an 8 on verbal on my diagnostic and only got 48 percent correct, so id assume a 9 or 10 is about 55 to 60 percent correct. From what i heard, kaplans physics sections are harder than the real mcat, but the real mcats verbal section is a little tougher.

I disagree that they are harder, they are just different.

Kaplan's verbal to me, is harder, but on the AAMC verbal I consistantly score about 2 points higher than on the Kaplan one. I think i am just really in tune with "EK's" technique, so this helps me out tremendously. I'm not very detailed oriented, so I suck it up in Kaplan's

Kaplan's PS sections are harder than the actual PS section but Kaplan also gives generous curves. You're going to have to score a lot higher than 45% to get a 9 or a 10 on the real MCAT. I don't remember the curves exactly since I took the MCAT after my sophomore year but I think approx. 80% correct (ie around 15 wrong on a 77 question section) equated to a 9 or 10.

not to worry... i'm getting between 40-70% on physics sectional tests by kaplan but on the one full-length i've taken, I scored a 12 on the PS and it wasn't too much b/c of chem

Well, I'm scoring 9's on the full lengths, but I still definetly need improvement. My Verbal isn't *too* shabby at a fairly consistent 9. Biological sciences are pretty much at 8, mostly because of Org Chem and Genetics questions. Need improvement all around but I am getting there.