Kaplan predictability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhettoric

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya folks,

now that the January scores have been released, I'm wondering if any of you kind souls who prepared by using kaplan's CBTs could let us now how your actual scores compared to the scores you got with Kaplan. Also, if the scores were very different, by how much, and in which sections?

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

here are my Kaplan full lengths

FL1: 7P, 9V, 6B = 22
FL2: 12P, 9V, 8B = 29
FL4: 8P, 8V, 8B = 24
FL5:11P, 10V, 11B = 32
FL6: 9P, 11V, 13B = 33
FL7: 9P, 10V, 11B = 30
FL8: 10P, 9V, 12B = 31

( i skipped FL3 because there was a glitch in my CBT test)

Actual MCAT: 12P, 10V, 11B = 33P

here are my Kaplan full lengths

FL1: 7P, 9V, 6B = 22
FL2: 12P, 9V, 8B = 29
FL4: 8P, 8V, 8B = 24
FL5:11P, 10V, 11B = 32
FL6: 9P, 11V, 13B = 33
FL7: 9P, 10V, 11B = 30
FL8: 10P, 9V, 12B = 31

( i skipped FL3 because there was a glitch in my CBT test)

Actual MCAT: 12P, 10V, 11B = 33P

What caused the big score jump there? I ask because I made a 26 on FL4, though it could have been higher if not for external distractions encumbering my test taking.

What caused the big score jump there? I ask because I made a 26 on FL4, though it could have been higher if not for external distractions encumbering my test taking.

i'm not sure what happened with FL4, it was the first test that i had taken after fall semester finals, so i was really out of practice and hadn't been studying that much because of the exams...

Members don't see this ad :)
For what its worth, my one friend got a 34 on the Kaplan FL, and 3 days later got a 29 on the real deal. Needless to say, she was not happy.

thank you wut. that's just the sort of data I was looking for and congrats on the 33!

whois: which FL did she take? Did she only take one?

hey, so i just finished my FL1 and got a 24 on it...i saw thats about what you got wut....what did you do to get the higher scores...just tons of studying...or just learning the test or what....

hey, so i just finished my FL1 and got a 24 on it...i saw thats about what you got wut....what did you do to get the higher scores...just tons of studying...or just learning the test or what....

I was doing fine learning the content, but my main problem was reading the passages effectively. so i used kaplan's Qbank, subject and section tests and took them repeatedly until i was comfortable with reading the passages and getting the correct information out of them.
i also identified the exact subject material that i was weak on and really took time to understand it.

so if you can identify your weak spots early on and be effective in strengthening them, you should really see a jump in scores

For what its worth, my one friend got a 34 on the Kaplan FL, and 3 days later got a 29 on the real deal. Needless to say, she was not happy.

One problem was taking the Kaplan FL only 3 days before the real thing! Don't do that, people! :eek:

One problem was taking the Kaplan FL only 3 days before the real thing! Don't do that, people! :eek:

yeah, i don't know about everyone else, but i was doing only AAMC tests from the week before the exam, until the day before the exam..