Kaplan, princeton or Examkrackers????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemolupusMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone
i am studying for my mcat and a purchase one of the kaplan books, but i want to get more books that can help me to improve my score. which one do u think are the best??? princeton books, examkrackers or the books that are used in the Kaplan classes??

hoping to get great feedback
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

princeton review books are really good.

EK is good for knowing the barebones. princeton expands (really helps you understand the concepts). kaplan covers all topics w/o going into it conceptually.

I don't understand comment about bare bones... I mean honestly there are only so many concepts they are going to test for the MCAT... knowing every mundane detail of everything is a good thing either. however, with that said I understand the concept of adding more information can probably help with smaller and indane material...

I think that Kaplan+your college/university class material is the best. The Kaplan review is rather broad, but their practice questions will often go into the concepts with more detail. If you use the practice questions, then I think Kaplan is fairly complete.

It has been a couple years since I took the MCAT, but I used both books and found the Princeton to be more helpful in terms of actually taking the test. I spent a significant amount of time on both of them and ended up getting a 38, which I attribute mostly to the clarity of the Princeton book.