KAplan Q-bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonds756

6 time MVP
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking step 2 in less than 2 weeks and was doing some q-bank questions but I don't know if they are any good???? Does anyone know if they are indicative of the real thing?? They seem kind of easy compared to shelf exams.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the test in a few days!!! Can anyone please help with the q-bank question?

I dunno. I'm using Qbank again to study for Step 2. I thought it was great for Step 1. I'm doing about 10% better than I did on the Step 1 Qbank questions. I'm not sure what that means.

Am I smarter now? No. Quite the contrary.
Are the questions easier? Maybe.

Once I take Step 2 and make the correlation b/t my Qbank scores and my actual scores, I'll post here. That's not going to help you out much, however.

Let us know what *you* think after the fact, okay?

I have heard from fellow students who have taken Step II that Q-bank is still pretty good estimate of the questions. The only change would be the length of the questions. I hear they are quite long and reading them takes up pretty much all of your time. Even folks who zipped through step I were sitting there for most of the time, so I heard. Guess we should be prepared to stay the whole 9 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took step 2 this week...q-bank is definitely easier. Its not that the exam was impossible, but the length of the ?'s made it very hard. Most patients were the typical patient that you would see on a medicine floor. ie, CP, diabetes with 4-5 meds and you needed to be able to quickly sort through the problems to see which was the culprit of the problem presented. May sound easy, but when one answer choice was drug interactions for many questions, now you had to go through the list of drugs....with no palm.

Overall, for me, time was the biggest issue! Good luck!

Bond...did you feel q-bank was easier because of the length of the quetions or was the content tested easier? What about lab data, did they give a lot of questions with lab data in it that you had to interpretate? What do you think was the best thing you did to help you be prepared for the exam?

I too have been worried the q-bank questions are way easier than the subject shelf tests.