Kaplan Qbank % and Step 1 score Correlation ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlejMZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any correlation available ?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan Qbank, from my knowledge atleast, is harder than Uworld & the Step itself. I heard if you are averaging more than 80% on your blocks you are good to go, exact correlation...I don't think there is one.

The best predictor of scores are NBME's. I suggest you take those to gauge where you Stand.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Yeah I know NMBEs are more accurate than Kaplan Qbank... I am just wondering wow their cummulative % correlates to the score if any, I veve also been seen that it tend to give lower % than uWorld

Members don't see this ad :)
that is because some/quite a few questions ask some really stupid stuff or really low yield stuff, so you are more likely to get them wrong

yeah not a bad qbank, but def asks some stupid questions. I got a question where you had to differentiate between chiari 1 and 2. thats absurd. Currently at 63% random timed. but that's neither here or there i guess.

I am 26% trough the qbank, getting 65% timed by systems (adding to each system de Bioq, Micro, Immuno), I did uWorld and got 50% on my 1st attempt, after Kaplan I am doing Rx random timed simulations of 4-6 blocks to start building stamina (right now I do 3 blocks of Kaplan a day only :/ ), sit NBME 11 see whats my progress go from there... But in general I feel its a good Q bank for the physiology as well the overall HY topics so far its been on point, If any one has suggestions about Kaplan qbank usage they are more than welcomed...

Yeah i dunno i guess for physio it's good. but that qbank pisses me off. Just weird questions. Does you qbank freeze in the middle of a test and say loading. mine keeps doing that and i have to suspend then restart the test.

lol yeah, I just closed the safari reopen it and its fine, I keep doing the block, but yeah it happens almost once in every block...

lol yeah, I just closed the safari reopen it and its fine, I keep doing the block, but yeah it happens almost once in every block...

Damn. you'd think since they are the "Kaplan" they could invest in some better qbank software. Where does all the money go?

kaplan physio is money, everything else stresses tiny details that the boards rarely asks. As TorsoLigament said, NBMEs are most predictive.

Hey, were the physio q's on the real deal similar to kaplans physio q's in strength and style or were they just good practice. I feel like they ask such in depth physio questions but that could just be me. Thanks

Damn. you'd think since they are the "Kaplan" they could invest in some better qbank software. Where does all the money go?

They should honesty, but at least I am getting new questions with longer explanations and better visuals... some from their notes (which is good because you only don't have to go over some long boring books they have) they are dated July 2014, like 5 to 8 per block... seems like they are updating