Kaplan Qbank is kicking my a**. Am I going to fail Step I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Angriest Bird

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just read HY Anatomy twice and memorized the whole thing to my best. I did 150 Kaplan Qbank questions and averaged 58%. I'm just panicking now. If this is the case for all subjects and the real thing, I'd fail Step I and start from there.

I have a solid study plan. 5.5 weeks to go and I've already read 7 review books in my second year. I will do both USMLEworld and Qbank, plus pathology review book, and other questions (total 5k-6k questions). But this Kaplan Qbank is just turning me down greatly. Some questions are out of nowhere and you won't know unless you are a surgeon (e.g. never cut hepatoduodenal ligament but gastroduodenal ligament is okay.)

Should I receive some emotional support or I'm pretty much doomed already?

Members don't see this ad.

just receive some emotional support lol
scoring 60 on qbank puts you around at an minimum average usmle score, though dont focus on those correlations too much
do NBME and try to judge where you stand. and you are right some qbank qns are just random and will bring down your score so relax and dont panic just study hard till the exam

I agree, try not to panic, and just keep going over questions. just keep plugging away and you'll be fine.

Best of luck!

according to the score estimator on kaplan qbank, you should make around a 220.