kaplan qbank suddenly cheaper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fleur de Me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So- I have been planning on getting the Kaplan Q-bank to go along with second year but hadn't gone through with it yet. I thought when I priced it a week or so ago it was like $399 or $499 for the year- but right now it looks like you can do "until your exam" (up to 12 months) for $199...

Am I missing something (like this is a different/smaller qbank) or did it legitimately go down in price. If so, I need to jump on that!!

Members don't see this ad.

I checked it out and your right. It doesn't appear to be a promotion as there are no expiry dates listed. Hopefully this last another month as I'm currently broke.

this seems to be the regular qbank, there is also a kaplan qbank plus.

Do you have a link the qbank plus, I can't seem to find it. It looks like they may have redesigned things, so I don't know if that still exists or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a link the qbank plus, I can't seem to find it. It looks like they may have redesigned things, so I don't know if that still exists or I'm looking in the wrong place.

I haven't bought a qbank yet. But if you look at the compare our programs link on the right hand side of the buy now page, you'll see that there is a kaplan qbank plus.

I was looking for qbanks a few month ago and knew that kaplan had a plus qbank. The plus was more expensive than the regular, I think like 600 for 12 months, but I can't seem to see what the plus qbank price is now.

Thanks for the notice.

It's the full qbank and it's definitely cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. I signed up last week after contemplating it for a couple weeks before school started and was really happy I waited!

If you are an AMA member you get an additional 30% off if you call and register for it and give your AMA number. The total price for a year comes to $139!

I wasn't an AMA member but there was a deal to sign up for a year at $10. You can't beat qbank for a year for that price. I already used it during our immuno unit and think it's excellent to go along 2nd year with.

It's the full qbank and it's definitely cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. I signed up last week after contemplating it for a couple weeks before school started and was really happy I waited!

If you are an AMA member you get an additional 30% off if you call and register for it and give your AMA number. The total price for a year comes to $139!

I wasn't an AMA member but there was a deal to sign up for a year at $10. You can't beat qbank for a year for that price. I already used it during our immuno unit and think it's excellent to go along 2nd year with.

do you mean calling to pay for the qbank over the phone?

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear about that part. If you're an AMA member you have to call Kaplan over the phone to order the qbank so you can tell them your AMA number. You'll have to give a CC over the phone and the rep will sign you up.

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear about that part. If you're an AMA member you have to call Kaplan over the phone to order the qbank so you can tell them your AMA number. You'll have to give a CC over the phone and the rep will sign you up.

Just did this- thanks for letting us know about the AMA discount- $139 is amazing for a year of qbank. Plus it has an iphone app- woo hoo!

I signed up 1 month ago and I got Qbank Plus for $499 for 1 year :( Anybody think, I could get this adjusted? Is Qbank Plus even on sale??? Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me because I spent the last of my money on this.

I signed up 1 month ago and I got Qbank Plus for $499 for 1 year :( Anybody think, I could get this adjusted? Is Qbank Plus even on sale??? Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me because I spent the last of my money on this.

I think it is worth calling and asking if you can get the difference refunded. I talked to the lady a bit on the phone today when I ordered mine- she said they have consolidated the Qbank, and now there is no Qbank plus, that it is all the same now.

Anyway- I almost did what you did, but my loans were late, so I had to wait!

kaleerkalut:

When I told the rep I almost ordered a week before the price discount and that I would have been really mad she told me they would have refunded me the difference.

You should call and talk to a rep immediately!! Good luck I hope you get your money back!

Just got Kaplan for $139. That AMA membership just payed for itself. Hopefully UWorld will follow suit on pricing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got Kaplan for $139. That AMA membership just payed for itself. Hopefully UWorld will follow suit on pricing!

I doubt UW would be tempted to drop its price to match Kaplan, when they have been doing daylight robbery all these years with that overpriced Qbank. Since UW is the gold standard, you have to dance to their tune.

kaleerkalut:

When I told the rep I almost ordered a week before the price discount and that I would have been really mad she told me they would have refunded me the difference.

You should call and talk to a rep immediately!! Good luck I hope you get your money back!

THANK YOU!!! :) But is Kaplan Qbank Plus on sale right now?

Did you read what I wrote? I asked the rep- she said it is all one Qbank now, there's no such thing as "Plus" anymore.

Missed that part. I will call in the morning asap (going to sign up for the AMA to get it for $139). MUCH better than the $499 I paid :mad: Let's just hope it works :xf:

are you all planning to use this qbank throughout the year or something? I know many people have said that kaplan is too expensive and too detailed, but this seems to solve one of those problems. My plan was to do Uworld closer to my exam and Rx or kaplan starting in jan, but for $139/year it might be worth getting kaplan now.

Unless anyone has any reason why Rx is just simply better

Thanks DoctwoB- I am a member so I will call & get the number. Then I need to decide whether to take the Kaplan Qbank plunge!

Yeah, they came to our school and gave a deal: 250-ish for Qbank Plus and the free Med Essentials book that came with it. I figured I was going to sign up for it anyway, so I got it.

I purchased it today, but when I mentioned the AMA discount they told me it was for comprehensive course options only. Did any of you guys run into this problem? Anyways, they told me they would adjust it if it turned out differently. Thanks.

I got the 30% AMA discount for 1 year of Qbank. Check this link at the bottom for what it says about the Kaplan discount:

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/membership/membership-benefits/how-ama-benefits-med-students.page?

"Save 30% on 1-month or Until Your Test access (up to 12 months) to Kaplan’s feature-rich Qbank with 2,200 questions, plus new High Yield on-demand online lecture course. Call (800) KAP-TEST to take advantage of these savings today."

Call back and tell them you want the discount and you know others who have gotten it. Ask for a manager if you need to. :)

Can you sign up now for the AMA membership? It says something about a 2012 membership when I go to sign up on the website. Will that still work if I order Kaplan now?

Can I use my cousin's AMA # for the 30% discount? Shes is an AMA member and I am not:rolleyes:. I need the 1 mo option for the qbank