Kaplan Qbank/USMLE World?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightc2awler

Newest Old Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has successfully completed Step 1, given 3 months remaining, what's my best approach? Kaplan Qbank followed by uWorld or uWorld twice? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I did UWorld and then Kaplan Q bank; made a 249 on step 1. I would advise doing both twice, since you have time. I did both in 6 weeks.

Can you elaborate on how you did them?

Did you do them on Tutor Mode the first time and then on Timed Random blocks the second time? Your clarification is appreciated. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did UWorld and then Kaplan Q bank; made a 249 on step 1. I would advise doing both twice, since you have time. I did both in 6 weeks.

Can you elaborate on how you did them?

Did you do them on Tutor Mode the first time and then on Timed Random blocks the second time? Your clarification is appreciated. Thanks :)

I'm finishing UW now with 53% correct answers done in timed tutor mode not random. Now I'll do the wrong answers... Do you recomend doing kaplan qbank after this and then UW in random mode or doing UW time after time until my examination in october?

please.. someone help! do you think it is worth doing kaplan instead UW again and again?

going from UW to kaplan is difficult. the level of quality is just so glaring, it was hard for me to get past. i've been using kaplan only for supplement questions (they have decent anatomy review, pharm, mole. bio/genetics). i'm not sure which has more utility, but for me, those subjects were helpful.

thank you for your answer! maybe its better to do UW at least 3 times than going to kaplan. I will check on their anatomy, pharm and biocell questions though. 2 weeks enough for these?

mos def. i'm making it through them in like 5 days haha, 2 weeks is golden. also, the one nice thing I like is some of their 'med essentials' references. the outline/formatting of some of the pharm and signal transduction stuff was easier for me to get in my head. might just be me though

I have time... The point is, if there isn't anything worth to learn in kaplan its better to do UW again and again to learn everything that is in UW!

I was going to get Kaplan Qbank and run through that and then go through UWorld 2x during my dedicated study time (which includes the 1st pass during 1 day per week during MS2 year)? What do you guys think?