1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Qbank

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Rock Star, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Rock Star

Rock Star Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hello,

Can anyone comment on kaplan's q-bank. Are the questions far superior and similar to the real thing as proclaimed. I'd like some input before paying $199.00/3 mos.

Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rock Star:
    <strong>Hello,

Can anyone comment on kaplan's q-bank. Are the questions far superior and similar to the real thing as proclaimed. I'd like some input before paying $199.00/3 mos.

Thank you</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used Kaplan Q-Bank for Step I. Best $79 I ever spent. Having never taken an exam on a computer (though I was VERY comfortable with computers), I thought it was a great way to practice computer exams. The questions were very close to the level of the real Step I, and I learned quite a bit by using the Q-Bank. Since it was online, I could do it from anywhere at anytime. I used it only for a month and never got through the entire question bank. But, I nailed the USMLE, so I don't really give a hoot! :cool:

Drawbacks that I hope they've corrected in the past two years: Java/Javascript errors that pop up every now and then, occassional crashes, fixed screen resolution (fine on the computers at school which were 800x600, but terrible on mine which was 1600x1200; I had to shove my face into my monitor or change resolutions).