Kaplan Qbook instead of Qbank w/ 10 d to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have Qbank 48% completed, having gone through all the path, biochem/molecular bio.

I am thinking that I will do the pharm, micro, and pathophys, and be done with qbank, and do Qbook for the rest.

I had previously wanted to go through Qbank multiple times but I don't think that will happen. I do think I can go through Qbook twice.

what would you recommened, Qbank once, or Qbook twice?

I have BRS Path pretty much memorized, and these days am going through First Aid, and USMLE Step I Recall Buzzwords for the Boards 1 subject per day.

Thanks, this site has been helpful with all your comments.

pEace!

Members don't see this ad.

When I had my Kaplan review through school, we were taught by the author of the kaplan biochem lecture notes. Another student asked the same question as you and she said the Qbook is a waste of time and to go through Qbank as many times as you can.

To be frank, if you have only finished 48% of QBank, then you should do some reviewing of that material before you start a new project.

I don't think QBook is a waste of time - in fact I think it's pretty equivalent to QBank, but you have to score it yourself and have to keep flipping back and forth between the questions and answers when reviewing, which is annoying.

kaboodle said:
When I had my Kaplan review through school, we were taught by the author of the kaplan biochem lecture notes. Another student asked the same question as you and she said the Qbook is a waste of time and to go through Qbank as many times as you can.