Kaplan scores to Real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruraldr2b

ruraldoc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone out there that has taken the real thing and took Kaplan: Did you see much correlation between your Kaplan practice test scores with the real thing. I just got done taking Kaplan Test #4 and thought it was a bear.

3: 10,9,8
4: 9,9,7

Members don't see this ad.

The best correlation that I've seen is that Kaplan FL #3 seems to be people's best score and is also closest to their actual.

yeah i've heard the same, that #3 is teh best indicator........i say use AAMC.........there was a 4 point difference between my kaplan's and what i got on aamc #5...........(4 points higher on aamc)...........

nero

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
kap #3 is no diff than the rest, IMHO

1-5: 26, 29, 29, 29, 30

AAMC III-V: 32, 34, 30-31

April 2002: 35Q

keep working hard

wow blitz that's an amazing jump from the kaplan's and aamc to the real thing........what do you think was the difference....did youjust not try as hard on the kaplan's or just relax on testr day?......do you think there was anythign yiou did different to help you, or just took it?/.............for example, when i did the aamc #5, i noticed i actualy tried, and on kaplan's i didn't really try, because i think their ps is stupid...........

nero

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know the test # of the full-length at the back of the big red kaplan comprehensive book?

just got done with the ps section on that one. i hope everyone is right about it being too calculation-intensive. most of the time i felt like i was being tested on my arithmetic and memorization skills... which is just ridiculous.
it's very encouraging to know that the real mcat is not like that, right?????

diagnostic -- 18 (5,6,7)
kaplan #1 -- 21 (6,8,7)
kaplan #2 -- 24 (6,10,8)

(Right the day right before kaplan2 i took aamc4 and got 24 [7,9,9] also)

I'm taking kaplan 3,4,5 this week (2 was today). I'm hoping to hit a 30 on at least one of them... that sound possible? I'm hoping to get double digit scores in every section in August.
What do you think?

Diagnostic: 8V 7P 10B (25)
Full Length 1: 11V 8P 8B (27)
Full Length 2: 9V 9P 8B (26)

I took AAMC IV the day before FL 2 and got: 9V 8P 9B (26) and consequently did poorly on FL 2 because of it (4 hours of sleep...) I misbubbled 2 answers on the verbal section which I would have gotten correct (increases verbal to 10). I also miscalculated or misread 7 questions that were the "give-away" type (bringing Physical Science to an 11). I haven't checked the Biological Sciences section yet, but I did nod off for a few seconds on several occasions.

How likely are my chances of improving to above a 30? Anyone else have any experiences they would like to share? tips?

AAMC IV: 9V 8P 9B (26)
AAMC V: 10V 8P 9B (27)

Full Length 3: 9V 9P 8B (26)
Full Length 4: 11V 8P 8B (27)
Full Length 5: 10V 10P 11B (31)

Originally posted by brownemily22
does anybody know the test # of the full-length at the back of the big red kaplan comprehensive book?

Is the full length in the fat red book worth doing (compared to an AAMC or TPR Exam)???
Does anyone know if the score from this exam would be a pretty good correlation with where I stand for the real MCAT?

i did 6 points better on the real thing than on any kaplan full length - the aamc and real thing seemed to fit me better (which is rather convenient). i would focus on that material, and especially not bother with kaplan 6-11. they are worthless as i've said before. going over wrong answers in detail made a big diff, and so did confidence on test day. just have a high target score in mind, and take the test knowing you are going to rock it (regardless of whether you do or not). confidence matters because you waste energy (=points) on nervousness and second gussing yourself. goodluck everyone --
-jot

I also got my best score on the real thing.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Just took aamc VI (7,9,10)

Go figure, my highest score on the Kaplan tests(verbal) was my lowest on the aamc and and lowest(bio) on Kaplan was the highest on the aamc.

I agree with everyone that the aamc phsyical sciences was much more manageable as well as the bio section compared to kaplan.