Kaplan Section tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ifonlyifonly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been doing these tests and they are hard! I just did a BS test, and I got a 75% :(. The PS ones I took are in the same range too. This is really frustrating, because I thought I knew my stuff. I've heard that the MCAT is way harder than the AAMC practice tests, and more like Kaplan section tests. Is this true? Should I delay my test (July 25th)? Are these passages indicative of the more "critical thinking" based passages the MCAT likes? Will there be these many hard passages on test day?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My Kaplan instructor told us that section tests represent the most challenging MCAT passages which is like 2 or 3 on the real MCAT. She said that around 70-80% is where you should be on those.

These are more for learning than gauging where you are. Use them to learn, not to assess.

These are more for learning than gauging where you are. Use them to learn, not to assess.

Agreed. They're really good for reinforcing concepts. The difficulty is on point for the current AAMC PS/BS sections.

Is there anyway to get access to the Kaplan BS sectional tests? I see online they offer some BS section questions but they are like $500. What the ****?