1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan Sectional tests etc.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by nabeel76, Jun 17, 2008.

1. nabeel76

nabeel76 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those of you that practiced with Kaplan online materials, whats the best way to tackle this. I have finished all of the science content review from their books and just recently finished the online content quizzes. I took my first full length test and got a 23 (9 BS / 8 PS / 6 VR) on it.

My concern now is should I focus on finishing a combination of the topical passages (ex. stoichiometry, Genetics, etc.) in conjunction with the individual sectional PS, VS, BS tests, and then take the full lengths afterwards? Or should I focus on the full lengths and throw in several topical and individual sections in between full lengths?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    After finishing the content review, I focused on full length tests and sectional tests. A PS, BS, and VR section spread throughout the week after work, then a full length on Saturday or Sunday. When I finished the questions I would review the questions I missed, make a list of those topics, review the content sections in the text, rinse, and repeat ad nauseum. After you do this a bunch of times, the same topics keep coming up until you know them down cold.

At least, that's what worked for me...

4. nabeel76

nabeel76 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Cool. Thanks for the advice that sounds like a good plan.