Kaplan strategies vs. Ek's strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference in strategies between the two?

Some say kaplan strategies dont help...Kaplan encourages the stop think and predict for science passages. I think that could be kind of helpful if you can quickly squize in a quick prediction. Anyone beg to differ?

Members don't see this ad.

shaq786 said:
Whats the difference in strategies between the two?

Some say kaplan strategies dont help...Kaplan encourages the stop think and predict for science passages. I think that could be kind of helpful if you can quickly squize in a quick prediction. Anyone beg to differ?

I taught for both. I used EK techniques on the MCAT because I thought they were much better, and I did well.

The EK VR technique is faster and works a lot better. They also have excellent PS shortcuts, conceptual tips, and better practice problems.

Kaplan techniques work for their practice tests, but their PS and VR passages are really not much like the MCAT. There isn't enough time to do their VR technique.

I found that EK and Kaplan didn't have enough passages with 5 and 10 questions. With EK, there are always 6-7 and Kaplan isn't much better. The real MCAT usually has at least one 10 questions passage with a couple 5 question passages. This can screw your timing up a little bit.

I agree that Kaplan's method is way too time consuming.

kaplan's way is a bit too much, i just read it and try to look back EK says not to look back but i always do ive been making decent stuff on practice tests using that way.