KAPLAN TEACHERS AND STUDENTS!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InVictus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like a copy of the Kaplan exams 6-11 with scaled score conversion sheet with answers. I am willing to pay handsomely for these exams. I checked EBAY but nobody sells these last 5 exams.

I am a 35 year old non-traditional student. It would mean a great deal to me.

Thanks

Please email me if you would like anonymity

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise you against getting Kaplan 6-11. Atleast for now.....their scales werent really accurate, as others will testify (bar geniuses).

Actually, I have already taken 1-5 before so that would be pointless. So, I really need 6-11. I hope there is somebody out there that can help.

i second resident alien - get princeton review tests or something - those 6-11 tests really suck. they are utterly worthless and completely innacurate with regard to anything the aamc would give.
-jot

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan does not allow any tests to leave their center. Hence, you will not find anybody who actually has them. The only tests people have are 1-5, because they are on paper, and each person is able to take their own test home.

6-11 are not on paper (only laminated sheets) that do not leave Kaplan. The only way you can get access to them is if somebody did something illegal for you, which is not ethical or moral.

I would really urge you to take a look at TPR tests and other book tests, since 6-11 are way harder and will totally throw you off the bandwagon. I have been there, so i know what I'm talking about.

Good luck.
Tweetie

Thanks Tweetie,

Although one can use the same argument that using TPR material is also unethical unless you paid for the Princeton Review course. That would be doubtful because people that seek TPR material are invariantly not taking the course so that is also unethical.

So what is the difference between getting Kaplan Exam 6-11 from someone and getting TPR exams from past students? How can one be right and the other be wrong?

Hey listen,
I don't want to get involved in the whole ethics of the thing. I just don't agree with somebody stealing/taking something out of the Kaplan center when they specifically ask you NOT to. There are some things that Kaplan will actually punish you for, legally, and this is one of them. I can tell you one thing though--a year or two ago, I got both, Kaplan and TPR stuff from my friends. They bought it, took the class, and decided to loan it to me. That was their choice. The stuff that was given to them, belonged to them, and they can choose what to do with it (although I hear there's a TPR contract that says you can't share your material.) Kaplan 6-11 tests are NOT allowed to leave the center, even with Kaplan students. They are supposed to be used AT kaplan, and LEFT at kaplan. There is no way an outsider can get their hands on it, unless you do somethign really unethical which is NOT right.

I am specifically addressing Kaplan 6-11 borrowing of tests as being unethical, because they are not even allowed to leave the Kaplan center. IF somebody had to do it for you, they would have to STEAL the stuff (which I am NOT advocating), make copies for you, and then put it back in the Kaplan library. That is NOT the same as sharing materials that you have already been given on paper (like my other friends did). In each kaplan center, there are only about 2-3 laminated copies of tests 6-11. These tests are used over and over again, by the students. The same does not apply for Kap 1-5 tests that you actually get to take home after you are done with them. IF you choose to have somebody STEAL the 6-11 tests for you, or even make copies, they could technically go to jail for this. The same does not apply for Kaplan 1-5, because there's no way of proving that person A actually gave their OWN test to person B.

The difference here is the resource allocation. Hence, for 6-11, somebody would have to do something much more unethical, than simply handing you over their old tests. How can they hand anything over to you, if they themselves don't have it to take home??? That's all I am saying. :) Again, I would urge you to not waste your time with 6-11. I was getting 30's in Kaplan 1-5, and as soon as I did 6, my scores went down to a 24. I don't think you want that negative reinforcement right before the MCAT. Focus your energy on doing other kinds of tests, like Arco etc.

Tweetie

okay, I see my response above was really long winded and blunt. I apologize, but I don't have time to change the above right now. Just know that I am an advocate for you, and do want you to do well, but don't see any way you can get your hands on 6-11. I try and stay clear of most unethical things, especially if they are also ILLEGAL. I suggest you do the same, you never know what these people might do because of copyright issues.

Be well and PM me if you need any help.
Tweetie

the greek kids at my school had all kaplan materials - every one of them - pretty convenient. hit them up if you know any; again 6-11 are worthless. cheers!
-jot

In my opinion, Berkeley Review exams 1, 4, 5, 9, and 10 are an excellent choice. Also, there is no ethical dilemna, in that they sell the exams (with full explanations) on their website. They are only $20 each.

As for Kaplan, for $1300, shouldn't they give you all of the exams in authentic form (no plastic covers)? Plastic covers are for kids who wet their beds, not MCAT preppies. They should at least provide a realistic papaer copy, then shred it after consumption if they are so worried. Any course unwilling to release their materials sounds like they are trying to coherse people into thinking it's something special.

$1300 and you don't get to keep all of their tests or any AAMC materials... I didn't know that before, but I'd be pretty pissed at them if I paid that much money.

They do let you take 1-5 home. Their excuse for 6-11 is that these are new tests, and enough copies/booklets are not yet in print.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Tweetie_bird:
They do let you take 1-5 home. Their excuse for 6-11 is that these are new tests, and enough copies/booklets are not yet in print.••••Classic!!!

They are owned by Washington Post, a friggen newspapper company that prints billions of pages on a daily basis. I find it hard to believe that they can't print a thousand times more than they need in a single day. I'm guessing they are not being completely honest about the printing issue, which makes me wonder what else they are not honest about. This has seriously shifted my opinion from indifferent to down a few notches.

People, Tweetie is absolutely right. Many many people, including myself, only (of mainly) take Kaplan for the materials and practice tests, not the course. Kaplan's materials are their key assets.

First off, they don't pass out copies of 6-11, so a student or teacher would have to steal them and copy them. Like Tweetie said, that's not only immoral, it's illegal.

I also believe asking someone to do this is immoral.

Good post Tweetie :) I think when it comes to some things, we should all be a little more intolerant.

Very good point that duplication is immoral.

Originally posted by chandler742:
Okay, so your argument is that letting others use TPR is okay but copying Kap 6-11 is morally wrong.

It's not my argument, but this is the second thread I have seen you pop into with a self-righteousness and air of expertise looking for an argument. So what the heck, here is my two cents for you.

The two events are not comparable, because one set of materials is available from the company for external consumption (the TPR materials), while the other set (Kaplan tests 6-11) is not. The Kaplan materials must be stolen and duplicated in order to be shared within the community. The legal difference between sharing a property you own versus stealing I hope is obvious. But the word of choice here is morality, so it's not as clear cut as a legal issue.

Personally, I believe the act of stealing the exams makes any subsequent transmission of the information immoral. Knowingly sharing a stolen item seems immoral to me. You have taken something that the proprietary source has deemed cannot be taken and shared. As such, to obtain them is asking someone else to steal or accepting that someone has stolen.

In the case of the Princeton Review book, I assume these are not secured items at their centers. Hence, they can be treated like any book (for instance a course textbook), and like any piece of creative and/or intellectual property for sale on the open market, the commodity can be given/loaned to another person without an act of thievery taking place. The sharing of unprotected information is not immoral, otherwise our entire education philosophy has been deemed useless. I believe it is illegal and immoral to duplicate the TPR materials, but the passing along of the original materials cannot fall into that category.

There, an argument for you. Perhaps you can reply to this message, rather than editting your previous message.

Thanks for lookin out for me, Mudd. :)

You just gotta love these MCAT kiddies! :)

Tweetie

My argument was for consistency.

Lastly, We will all have differing views. However, we should not deter others from expressing their views. The point is that we have a forum to express these differences without personal attacks. In argument, Logic is paramount, not emotion.

Case Closed.

Mudd, my traveling Stephen Douglas, would you lead me to the next viable debate? I heard Freeport is a good site.

For the record, I do not believe NAPSTER is unethical. Read between the lines, if you will. Case Closed.

Nice spin (actually, not really). Napster is not the issue here. Your erroneous comparison of the equality of theft, duplication, and distribution versus just distribution is the issue I believe.

Mudd, my traveling Stephen Douglas, would you lead me to the next viable debate? I heard Freeport is a good site.

Personally, I would love for you to frequent the Freeport site more. I'm not sure what it is, but the more time you spend there...

Originally posted by chandler742
For the record, I do not believe either case is unethical.

I find it sad that you don't think stealing materials from the test center is unethical.

Actually,

some kaplan centers do allow both copying of the tests, and taking them offsite.

However, you are a 35 yr old man. You should have the money saved up for a kaplan course. Grow up, and pay for the damn course yourself. Don't encourage stealing. I would hate to see your ethical guidelines for practicing medicine...