1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan Test Drive Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FSUMED, Feb 22, 2002.

1. FSUMED

FSUMED Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok, KAPLAN is offering a free MCAT tomorrow so I am going to go and take it. Anybody ever done the Free Kaplan exam? Is it anything like the real thing? How is it a full MCAT if the time is from 9-1(condsiderably shorter than the time for the eral MCAT)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jofrbr76

jofrbr76 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

FSUMED,

It's similar to a full length. They have all the sections, just no writing and shortened but supposedly harder sections.

I've taken two kaplan diag. tests, that's what this is. They did a test drive at my school last weekend. I didn't think the test was impossible, so i guess the difficulty depends. Although i haven't taken the real MCAT yet, so who knows.

I must say the computer generated info on what you need to study is nice when you get your scores back.

hope this helps a little

4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    heya.

I took that free test drive diag back in october and got a 10. 5v, 4p, 1b. I thought it was real hard and was pretty worried. I signed up regardless for kaplan because of the recommendation of my friends who took princeton before.

Its good to take in my opnion, it scared me and got me going in biology, which I had just started taking then. When I took that first diag in the class and had more biology under my belt my scores went up to 6v, 6p, 6b.

but the test drive diag was an eye opener for me. I had gone in thinking all the science would be discrete style questions. Having the passages really messed with me.

Id take it!