Kaplan Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jade1013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just took the fourth kaplan practice test and my biological sciences score went up two points. However I got only one more question right on the fourth test from the third full length that I took. I feel like the scaling isn't very accurate. I was wondering if the test scales varied a lot and if this is an accurate prediction of what I would get on an AAMC test. I am planning on taking an AAMC practice test very soon. I've heard that the curve is a lot more strict so I was wondering if people were doing roughly the same on the Kaplan and AAMC tests.

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC tests have me totally freaked out. They seem alot easier content-wise than the Kaplan tests, but the curve is alot less forgiving, so my scores are 3-4 points lower overall on the AAMC tests. I really hope my actual score more reflects my Kaplan FL scores!

The AAMC tests have me totally freaked out. They seem alot easier content-wise than the Kaplan tests, but the curve is alot less forgiving, so my scores are 3-4 points lower overall on the AAMC tests. I really hope my actual score more reflects my Kaplan FL scores!

aamcs are most accurate representation. but on the other hand, lately people have been reporting the most random mcats ever (ie equation heavy physics, 3+ orgo passages, genetics heavy, etc.). so i guess its kinda random. just keep doin practice exams anyways. i try to focus less on scaled scores, and more on getting less questions wrong. i think thats a better way to do practice exams, because then you dont focus so much on a scaled score that actually has no meaning (varies with each test).

Hi everyone,
I just took the fourth kaplan practice test and my biological sciences score went up two points. However I got only one more question right on the fourth test from the third full length that I took. I feel like the scaling isn't very accurate. I was wondering if the test scales varied a lot and if this is an accurate prediction of what I would get on an AAMC test. I am planning on taking an AAMC practice test very soon. I've heard that the curve is a lot more strict so I was wondering if people were doing roughly the same on the Kaplan and AAMC tests.
Harder tests have easier scales and vice versa. You did so much better on the second test with essentially the same raw score because it's a harder test.

If you have some time to take the AAMC tests, it's definitely a good idea to do that. Take the most recent ones (i.e., AAMC 9 or 10); they're the closest to the current MCAT. :luck: to you. :)