Kaplan topicals are killers?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've done half of the bio and half of the orgo and i've only been averaging 65%. i think i remember our instructor saying that they're meant to be very difficult. is this true?? i sure hope so... :(

Members don't see this ad.

aye said:
i've done half of the bio and half of the orgo and i've only been averaging 65%. i think i remember our instructor saying that they're meant to be very difficult. is this true?? i sure hope so... :(

65% on the topicals probably equates to about a 10. but the real MCAT will seem like a joke compared to the topicals if you are taking the MCAT in April. if you're taking it in August they might be similar in difficulty. In any case the exam is curved so in theory it shouldn't matter.

RUscrewed said:
65% on the topicals probably equates to about a 10. but the real MCAT will seem like a joke compared to the topicals if you are taking the MCAT in April. if you're taking it in August they might be similar in difficulty. In any case the exam is curved so in theory it shouldn't matter.

On average, the August MCAT is no more difficult than the April MCAT. They are about the same. The AAMC has said this many times in their forum.