kaplan topicals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tank you

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im doing really good on the bio topicals, but really bad on the physics ones. what percentage correct should i be getting in these tests to reliably judge my proficiency on the real MCAT. i got a 71% on the physics discrete (missed 9 ques)!! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

From what I remember, getting in the 70's on the physical topicals is really good. Especially if you are taking them under timed conditions. Those things are pretty brutal.

yea...71% is very good. I got around 60% on the physics topicals and i ended up with a 12 on physical science on the real deal.

I used the topicals and got a 32 in april. I think it was very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just curious as to how many topicals total (for all 4 sciences) does Kaplan provide, does anyone know?

is it just me or are the bio topicals very easy? some of the discrete questions are laughable. im scoring 85-95% on all the ones i have taken so far. i know that bio is my best subject but these seem too easy...

jtank said:
is it just me or are the bio topicals very easy? some of the discrete questions are laughable. im scoring 85-95% on all the ones i have taken so far. i know that bio is my best subject but these seem too easy...

You'll see a few cake questions on the real MCAT too. Just smile when you see the rare gimme questions like "which of the following is a halogen". :cool:

The MCAT is schizophrenic, on the same page you'll see a question like that they'll ask you details about the blood clotting cascade or something. Freaks.

jtank said:

that's the problem with kaplan. their bio practices are too easy (not very good) and their physical science practices are too hard (which is a very good thing). i would get your hands on other practice material other than kaplan for bio, you won't find anything remotely similar to their practice bio quesitons on the real MCAT. but orgo is fine, kaplan does a pretty good review of all the orgo you need to know (which isn't very much).