1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

kaplan/TPR experience in Houston TX

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by avu23, Mar 25, 2007.

1. avu23

avu23 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

if anyone out there took kaplan or TPR in houston, can you share your experiences? how was the quality of teaching, and if possible, can you recommend any teachers?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Merissa87

Merissa87 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am currently taking the Kaplan course in Houston, TX. I love everything about it except for the verbal, I dont like how it is taught. I recently purchased the ExamKrackers verbal book to replace my kaplan verbal book. The teachers are really good for Chem, Bio, orgo, etc but I think the physics teacher tends goes a little fast (possibly b/c this is my weakest subject). I have also heard great things about TPR but their schedule didn't fit mine so I took Kaplan. They teachers are available after and outside of class if you have any problems with any subjects. Also, the online workshops and quizzes keep you on track and are very helpful. Good Luck!