Kaplan Verbal Reasoning Tests 1-9: what scores have you been getting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just beginning to work on the kaplan verbal section tests 1-9. i've done 1,2, and 3 so far, at it seems like i'm usually getting about 60% right. for those who've taken kaplan, please comment on these verbal tests cuz they just seem plainly hard.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember doing very poorly on them, but not as bad on the FLs nor on the real thing.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Med Dude:
•Hi,

I'm just beginning to work on the kaplan verbal section tests 1-9. i've done 1,2, and 3 so far, at it seems like i'm usually getting about 60% right. for those who've taken kaplan, please comment on these verbal tests cuz they just seem plainly hard.•••••from 75%-91% correct per test....

Honestly? Screw the kaplan verbal method. Doing them out of order always screws up my time table...Just concentrate, and PRACTICE LIKE HECK! I'm in the kaplan course, and I try to do 2 science tests in the morning, and review them in the aft, while doing a verbal in the aft as well. Now, I rarely hit this goal more than 2 times a week, but it is a goal I'm striving for...practice practice practice....

owcc16

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken test 1-6 and I usually get anywhere between 50-70% correct depending on the level of difficulty. which might seem okay but is not. I took aamc test yesterday and I got 71% correct which only gave mea score of 6.
Also from my experience real MCAT was more difficult than any of these tests.

Optimistic:

Which aamc did you take? III, IV, or V?

I took AAMC II.

well,

shoot for 90% correct, and you should see double digit scores..at least, that's what I've heard.

owcc16