Kaplan Verbal Section Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and could not find a lot of recent opinions. So for those who are using the online kaplan verbal tests, what do you all think? I have been doing pretty bad on them, at least the first two that I took. What do you guys think? Good practice? Harder or easier than what we will see on the real deal? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The general opinion on the Kaplan VR tests is not great. Most people don't consider them accurate reflections of the real test. On the real deal, there won't be that many detail oriented questions. They will focus more on getting the main idea of the passage.

When I did the Kaplan verbal tests, they just seemed off. They didn't feel like AAMC or EK 101 or my actual MCAT. It felt like it tested different things and was worded differently which is what others have echoed. Lastly, I'm surprised the search didn't come up with anything because I thought there were some threads about this very issue a little while ago. Remember that even though a thread might be a little old, chances are the information is still valid. Most of the MCAT prep material I've seen does not drastically change from one year to another.

I felt pretty good about them. I scored well to start off with, but the scores did take a bit of a dive as time went on.

I'll let you know in 4 days which ended up the better predictor....