Kaplan verbal tests vs Examkrackers verbal test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vette2k10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been having differences between my examckraker verbal scores (10s-9s on first 4 tests) and kaplan scores (7 on diagnostic 8 on fl1 and 7 on verbal section test 1). I have noticed that the kaplan tests are more detail based than the exackracker tests which are mostly based on the main idea. Which tests are more like the actual one. I don't want to vary my strategy so I use the kaplan strategy on the kaplan tests and examckacker strategy on ek tests. What should i do?

Members don't see this ad.

the thing about kaplan's strategy is, it's time consuming and NOT what you want to do on the actual test. I HATE Kaplan's VR. It has made me give up on their full lengths. I make 10+'s on PS and BS, but VR I ALWAYS make an 8 or something and kills my score.

I make 10's on EK 101, and I am very thankful that EK is what the AAMC is like. So, don't get down about Kaplan's VR, cause it's worthless and by far their weakest area. Stick to one strategy, the EK strategy, and come time to take AAMC's, you'll be rocking!

Stick to one and only one verbal strategy. I suggest staying with EK's verbal method. EK's verbal is much closer to the real thing. Kaplan is notoriously bad in verbal.