Kaplan Verbal vs TPR Verbal vs Real Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huseyin

ras mania
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been practicing from all sorts of material and started to realize that I am scoring significantly higher in Kaplan Verbal than in TPR. Do you guys have any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

I felt that Kaplan was too detail oriented...those detail questions are the ones I almost always miss, so I did better with PR since their verbal questions didn't seem to dwell on as many details.

natureboy said:
I felt that Kaplan was too detail oriented...those detail questions are the ones I almost always miss, so I did better with PR since their verbal questions didn't seem to dwell on as many details.
You are right, but TPR passages tend to be moer complicated and worthy written. Therefore, in one or two passages I am having a quite hard time to understand the passage.

People who have taken MCAT, do you guys think the verbal passages were significantly harder than AAMC 6,7 or Kaplan FL Verbal.

thanks a lot guys.

I consistently scored 9-10 on the last couple TPR tests and in the Verbal Workbook tests. I scored 11 on the MCAT verbal. Just do as much as you can and have a strategy to use on the verbal section. If you are taking TPR listen to your Verbal teacher's advice on how to maximize VR score. It is effective. :thumbup: