Kaplan Verbal Workbook ..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Kaplan course, for the Verbal Practice Workbook, there doesn't seem to be a scaled score chart anywhere...

I took the first Verbal Practice Test (1 out of 11) and got a 33/40. What score would this be? Anyone have a scale??

How accurate are these tests compared to the AAMC practice ones? I had around 3-4 mins left at the end...

Members don't see this ad.

Yup thats the book

No Conversion Chart Though.. anywhere in the book

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope lol.. mine only goes to p. 362

Are we talking about the same book lol.. mines the one from the Classroom Course.

hmm yea dude, mine is too. Do you not have a writing section on the back of your book? I'm not at home so my book isn't with me but its after the explanation for test 11 for verbal and before the beginning of the writing section haha

weird... mine just goes straight to the writing section after test #11 explanations and answers.. did you take the class earlier? I'm enrolled for the end of this month

maybe in my edition they took it out cus it wasn't representative of the real thing haha...

Hey axp, I'm in the same boat as you...my verbal book stops at 362 with no verbal scales...if anyone could post them that would be great! I wonder if we got the shaft or what? My class started last Feb. and just ended May 1st.

For the Kaplan course, for the Verbal Practice Workbook, there doesn't seem to be a scaled score chart anywhere...

I took the first Verbal Practice Test (1 out of 11) and got a 33/40. What score would this be? Anyone have a scale??

How accurate are these tests compared to the AAMC practice ones? I had around 3-4 mins left at the end...

i don't have the chart either, but frankly, i was kind of wary of working on the passages from the workbook. many of their excerpts seemed like they were waaay longer than necessary, as if they were trying to take up most of the page on purpose. i took most of the verbal tests on the online syllabus; they were a lot more helpful (although i still suck at verbal) and they seemed more in line with what's on the AAMC.

Maybe the new books for the CBT MCAT no longer have the scaled score charts. I took the course this year, and my book doesn't have it either. These books were made before the first CBT tests and Kaplan probably didn't know what the scales would look like.