Kaplan Videos Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the prodogy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew how good the biochem portion of the Kaplan videos were? Too detailed? Not detailed enough? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Molecular Biology is good - ? Dr.Sea Stone. Metabolisms are optional- if you think you can manage with the book quicker you can skip videos.

biochem with dr Ramon is AWESOME. They are like 2003 videos but seriously, so good.

I liked the ones w/ Dr. Romon as well, though I found the ones with Dr. Turco to be a waste of time. He didn't really add anything to what I didn't know and he took a while to get through the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case this isn't already here, but I've heard if you search google videos and you'll find all of the raymond biochem videos. I'm not going to post a link, it's just conjecture and heresay.

In case this isn't already here, but I've heard if you search google videos and you'll find all of the raymond biochem videos. I'm not going to post a link, it's just conjecture and heresay.

FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN!
CHAMPION OF THE SUN!

sorry.. i just had to..

Naaaah HAAAAHHAAA!

At least there's two normal people on this forum haha

haha i was walking around yesterday randomly going " ahh ahhhhh ahhhhhhh" and i couldnt figure out why until I just noticed your screen name. i must have subconsciously read it yesterady

In the current Kaplan videos Raymon does general principles and vitamins only. Metabolism is Turco. Can someone tell me for sure what edition/year Raymon is doing metabolism. And where do I need to go to find them? Google serach does not bring it up. Please PM me if necessary
Thanks

In the current Kaplan videos Raymon does general principles and vitamins only. Metabolism is Turco. Can someone tell me for sure what edition/year Raymon is doing metabolism. And where do I need to go to find them? Google serach does not bring it up. Please PM me if necessary
Thanks

2003, you can find them on google for sure

I actually liked Turco in biochemistry. He emphasizes certain things that I would have ignored, and he's good at explaining broader concepts that are related to the different disease entities just like Ramon, so I would say he's good. I suck at biochem esp. metabolism so it might be why I like him.. I love Raymon the best in pharmacology, he's hilarious...

sorry if im hijacking the thread but i have a question.

do you guys think the kaplan videos are sufficient enough to cover at least in a broad sense, all the material i need to know for step 1?

do you guys think the kaplan videos are sufficient enough to cover at least in a broad sense, all the material i need to know for step 1?

I think "yes", but that's n=1.

certainly!