Kaplan vs AAMC vs THE REAL MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letaps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone please post or link me to a score conversion chart that was used by an actual MCAT (not by Kaplan, AAMC, etc.)?

More than one would be awesome.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Those aren't public. If you have access to the AAMC exams though, you can click the link to the left "how is the mcat scored?" in your window for looking at exams. They have breakdowns for all the exams and they're all pretty consistent. The way they tent to differ from other practice material is that questions are slightly easier but with a much steeper curve, on the sciences at least. I can attest to this, because I had a decent, but not amazingly thorough concept of the sciences when I took it my first time. I got a 9 PS and 10 BS, even though I had been getting 12s on Kaplans. Now that I see how it is really scored, I understand why my score dropped so fast, not knowing some of the subtleties of details tested. Off the top of my head, USUALLY, on PS, a 12 is like 45-46ISH and 13 is like 46-48ISH. Almost always, on PS, a 13 is missing 5 questions. On BS, there is typically a large, harsh range of a 12, from like 45-48. I am yet to consistently break through a 12 because of how many more questions it takes to get a 13. To get past 12, you really need to know you stuff because you need to get the really right field, trivial questions right.