Kaplan vs barrons score conversion table

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just find something strange!!

According to Barrons score conversion table, if I get 29-31 out of 40 from Verbal Reasoning, scaled score will be 11.

But!! According to Kaplan score conversiontable, if I get 30-32 out of 40 from Verbal reasoning , sclaled score will be 8!!!

Which score conversion table is SIMILAR to actual test?

I am confused with my practice test......

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I'd like to just say, use the scaled table for their respective tests (different tests should have different conversions). However, I feel like I must point out that Barrons is horrible for the MCAT. I do not recommend studying from it.

Do you mean that if I took Barron's, barrons conversion table is good approximation for real MCAT?

And, if I took Kaplan, Kaplan conversion table is good approximation for real MCAT?

Do you mean that if I took Barron's, barrons conversion table is good approximation for real MCAT?

And, if I took Kaplan, Kaplan conversion table is good approximation for real MCAT?

The MCAT is a curved exam. The conversion tables are only usable for the single practice test they were intended for, and not for any other test. Each practice exam has its own conversion table because each practice exam is curved differently depending on the performance of the people that took that exam. All of this info is answered in the stickied threads at the top of the forum. Please read them.

You will have to find the correct conversion table for each practice exam that you have to get any meaningful info on how well you did on the exam. Good luck.