• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Kaplan vs. EK vs Princeton on LONG ISLAND, NY?

losh612

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
i am a premed student planning to take the MCAT over the summer on LI. i am considering taking a kaplan review course over the summer to review for the test, but i hear that kaplan is "hit or miss" with the quality of the teachers of the course. i have heard that it varies by state and city and course, and am wondering what the most effective method/course is to study for the mcat over the 3 or 4 months of summer. Any advice about the strengths/weaknesses of the KAPLAN mcat courses on LI? PLEASE HELP asap as the classes fill up quick from what ive heard?

scaredoflife

Eaaagglleee
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2007
  1. Medical Student
as to the OP I don't know much about state courses and there differences. I can give you a general info about the course. I took Kaplan and felt the material given was great and enough to do well on the test. The fact with Kaplan is you can not take the class with school work also unless the school course load is 3-6 hrs. Kaplan requires time and if you have enough time to give go for it. Exam krackers has great books never taken or heard to much to discuss the course. Princeton is in general around Kaplan for both courses you need time to do all the work required. The classes are prettty much equivalent to 2-3 normal classes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.