SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Kaplan vs Princeton Review

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by DocMocha, Dec 4, 2001.

1. DocMocha

DocMocha New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Indiana
    I am a non-traditional student contemplating taking the MCAT plunge after being out of school for 3 years.

Has anyone taken the prep classes for Kaplan or Princeton review? What did you think about the teachers? their methodology? curriculum? Did any particular section stand out over the other?

I appreciate your responses. Classes start in January.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cmz

cmz Pathology Wannabe Physician 10+ Year Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Texas

4. Keywhite

Keywhite Junior Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Chicago
    I wasn't too thrilled w/ Princeton review.
    My gf took both, and she thought Kaplan had much better resources and prepared you better.
    Also, when you get to boards, Kaplan's prep rules!

5. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Tampa
    Only 3 years? lol - I hadn't taken basic sciences (and didn't really learn it then!) for almost 10 years. I took Kaplan while a friend took Princeton Review. I think a lot comes down to your instructors, but I personally like the Kaplan materials and arrangement better. I really believe in what Kaplan teaches (and now teach for them). Feel free to email/private message with any questions!

Good luck

6. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2000
    I have also taken both Kaplan and TPR. I prefered TPR b/c I thought their materials were better. I loved it so much that I am now teaching the verbal section for them.