Kaplan vs. Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigTex

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was about to enroll in an MCAT review course for this summer and was wondering which one is better.

I've heard various stories about each one, good and bad. Since most of you all have recently taken a course and the MCAT your comments would be most helpful.

-What aspects of each course did you find most/least helpful for the actual test?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished Kaplan for April 02. There earlier material and Full Lengths 1-3 were easy in my opinion. Their material from 2001 and 2002 is upto par with the recent administrations of the exam. It is difficult. No matter what you take, Exam Crackers, PR, and Kaplan, it is what you put into it. But do take some kind of a course.

we'll see after we get the scores back..

1-3= 29

4=29

5=30

check back in 2 months, but I say go w/kaplan

I agree, no matter where you go it's all what you put into it. I just got done with Kaplan I felt pretty prepared for the test. They have a gang of practice items for you to do and good explanations for all of 'em. But as I said b4 it's all what you put into it.

GOOD LUCK

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the Kaplan Comprehensive 2001 book from Borders a few months ago and was studying from it. Then one day I decided to buy someones $1300 Kaplan course material from E-bay. I was pretty happy when the books arrived until I compared the two. Guess what; the material is EXACTLY the same. Each paragraph is word for word. The only difference is that the $1300 material had some questions following each chapter where the "big book" doesn't. I resold the material (at a loss) and just use the book. Whodathought! :p