Kaplan vs Princeton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lansky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone:)

i decided to take the MCAT this august but im debating on whether i should take the kaplan or the princeton preparation. what do you think from your experience/knowledge? which is prepares better? which one is better for verbal? and which one is better for sciences?

thanks,
marina

Members don't see this ad.

lansky said:

i decided to take the MCAT this august but im debating on whether i should take the kaplan or the princeton preparation. what do you think from your experience/knowledge? which is prepares better? which one is better for verbal? and which one is better for sciences?

thanks,
marina

After scanning these forums for a while I decided its impossible to tell. I've heard great things about both and bad things about both. I'm taking TPR right now and with the exception of the Bio instructor I am very happy with it (instructors are hit or miss, I'm going to sit in a differrent section for bio).

Personally, I'd take Berkeley Review (MCAT is the only thing they do) but its an hour drive for me. I hear Kaplan is less depth, more strategy, TPR definitely goes into a lot of depth (great if you have the time).

My plan is to plow through all the TPR material a couple weeks ahead of schedule so that I can do all of the EK verbal tests and some extra gchem and physics problems (weak spots for me).

lansky said:

thanks,
marina

If you search this forum, u'll find so much info on this that u can spend days reading it. Conclusion: whatever is closer, and princeton's material is a bit harder. Overall they are the same, so just take any one of them and how u do will depend on how well u study

It comes down to how discipline you are. Kaplan is more for the self-disciplined type and TPR is for the not so disciplined (like me). If time is an issue, Kaplan is better. If you want more details go with TPR. Make sure you supplement with practice, practice, and practice. No matter how much you know, the MCAT is an analytical exam. The more your familar with format, everything else should fall into place. good luck