Kaplan's aamc materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Kaplan has previous AAMC tests. Are those the same versions you can buy off of the aamc website? I was thinking about buying those but if they're the same as the ones Kaplan has, then I don't want to waste more money. Also, I know some aamc tests are old and represent when mcat was easier. So which aamc test begins to reflect the newer mcat? Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken two AAMC tests so far at Kaplan. The one from 1990 was unscannable so I had to manually grade it and they did not have a conversion scale from raw to actual score. But overall, that test wasn't so bad.

The AAMC from 1991 had a very steep verbal curve, so in that respect, it was harder than today's standards. The PS and BS were allright.

The good thing about Kaplan is that they grade your scantron (all except the one from 1990) and give you a complete breakdown of your strength and weaknesses, so you know what to focus on.