Kaplans Almost finished. Need suggestions for further studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omni

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need some suggestions.
My Kaplan MCAT Class finishes on Jul. 31 (Between now and Jul 31, I have only 2 classes left and 5 of those FL exams). My MCAT is on Aug. 25th.

Truth be told, I fell a little behind on the kaplan schedule. I am on average, about 5 chapters behind per subject. By next Friday, I hope I will be able to catch up with all the Kaplan's materials, and be finished with their books. I need some suggestions for studying after that point (I will have exactly 1 month from that day before my actual MCAT)

I will be taking 2 practice exams weekly. I go through my exams and take notes on what I got wrong and all that stuff, etc. I have the whole EK set. Should I reinforce everything with the EK book on the days that I'm not taking a practice exam, or should I just stick to Kaplans? Also, should I drop Kaplan's book now and shift to EK? (even for the catch up material)

Its 2 AM right now and I haven't been able to sleep because this is bothering me. Some suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Leading up to your last month, you should finish all of the content review and try to address your weaknesses. For the final month, focus on taking timed practice tests and practice problems. After you complete a set of problems, make sure you do a thorough analysis to find any weak spots.

Exactly what SN2ed said. Definitely start taking the AAMC exams though. I took my first one last night and scored almost 10 pts higher on AAMC exam than any previous Kaplan exam. While this isn't the case for everyone, I definitely suggest taking one early on, b/c I have to totally revamp my style of studying. Verbal is COMPLETELY different, not just a little different (at least imho) like some people say. It really threw me for a loop. However, I found PS and BS much easier and more managable (except for orgo which I still haven't started studying... i hate it so much >.<) Best of luck though -- but like I said, def get a feel for the real exam, which is very different than Kaplan.