Kaplan's COMLEX Q-bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Kaplan's COMLEX Q-bank. Is it representative of the COMLEX, any input would help.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't personally seen it...but 100% of the people I talked to who tried it last year said it was total crap....they all suggested using the USMLE qbanks and supplementing w/ specific OMM q's

can anyone comment on why its a waste of time, is it too easy?
It is the only source that has opp questions (other than OPP books) and so far I've picked up a few points from it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard its not indictative of the real test, the questions are too easy and thus lead to false confidence. If you have the time and realize that then go ahead and do the questions. Thats just my $0.02

It's way too easy... e.g. "Pneumonia with gram positive diplococcus is most likely..."

I bought a package deal that had USMLE/COMLEX/IV Qbank but I just stick to USMLE qbank cuz that's more like what people say COMLEX is like. Plus I'm taking USMLE as well...

I agree with the above posts. the COMLEX Qbank was way too easy in comparison to the real deal. However, I did have several questions and matching sections on my real COMLEX that were verbatim out of Kaplan COMLEX Qbank. So as crappy as the questions were, the freebies were worth it.

It's way too easy... e.g. "Pneumonia with gram positive diplococcus is most likely..."

I bought a package deal that had USMLE/COMLEX/IV Qbank but I just stick to USMLE qbank cuz that's more like what people say COMLEX is like. Plus I'm taking USMLE as well...

I have also heard to stick to the Kaplan USMLE qbank, but I have not heard that it is more representative of the COMLEX questions. It is just a better learning tool. Kaplan USMLE qbank is more USMLE style (3rd order), while I have heard the COMLEX is more first and second order.

Anyone's thoughts?