Kaplan's organ system books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was curious if anyone had used the organ system books from kaplan. these are different from the lecture books that they have based by subject.

My school is subject, not organ, based so i thought they may be helpful. I also look at my wall of notes and cringe at the thought of reviewing class notes!

any help is appreciated,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

is this for review for the course, ie through year 1 adn 2?

or for you're board prep ?

I haven't used either, but Ive thumbed through both of them.

if its for you're board prep and you're not taking a kaplan course. Are you going to be takin a systemic review approach?

If so, it might be ok I guess.

or is this for class review? in which case I dont think its as good.

I have these books and they are way too much for Step 1 studying. They might be good as a reference but there is just so much text and too few tables and figures to be very useful. The advice others give is best...use a just a few good resources for Step 1. First Aid is a must, then a couple of others, but don't overdo it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks MPP,
You just saved me $400!
I have first aid and have been adding some notes during the semester. I'm also thinking of finding my BRS physiology and using BRS path. any other good quick resources you know of?

thanks again!
streetdoc

Those 3 were the top three books I used. I also found QBank and other sources of questions that have good explanations (QBooks, Board Simulator Series, etc.) useful since I get a little too bored just reading and studying. Questions were a good way to learn for me. But definitely learn First Aid well, i.e., go through that book several times if you can.