1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan's test at the end of their review books

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by liveoak, Aug 6, 2011.

1. liveoak

Did anyone else find these awfully difficult? Especially the physics.

Would appreciate some feedback if you've experienced them as well. thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gotta go

Pre-Medical
    I started out using Kaplan books a while back (not using anymore). I remember doing the physics and thinking that a lot of the questions at the end of the chapters were very hard. However, I was not taking my studying back then very seriously either, so that may have contributed also. I do think they are just hard though.

4. KaplanKrackers

Pre-Medical
    Yes. These tests at the ends of the books are ridiculous, and not really good practice. Some of them test really obscure and advanced concepts that are just plain unrealistic. I did almost all of them for every section before realizing how crazy they were.

Also, there are a lot of mistakes. Like, seriously, a lot. I've confirmed several of the mistakes with professors, so it's not just me. Honestly, Kaplan tries so hard to make difficult tests that they mess themselves up (they're not really as smart as they think they are).

The high yield questions in the OChem book are absolutely a huge waste of time. They contain so much incorrect information (again, much of which has been confirmed by organic chemistry faculty) that it's a wonder the test writers even passed OChem.

5. KaplanKrackers

Pre-Medical
    I think OP is referring to the practice tests at the end of the book, not the 10 or so questions at the end of each chapter. The books that come with the Kaplan course don't include the practice tests at the end of the book btw. Only the ones you buy separately.