KBB 2010 or KBB 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looked around but didn't see anything on this. Apologize in advance if this was already posted. Looking to buy the KBB, should I buy the 2010 or wait for the 2012 edition? Any idea when the next edition is available? Any differences? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on when you're planning on taking it. If you're not going to take it until after it comes out... then wait to buy it. The 2010 KBB was sufficient, but people have noted there were errors. KBB was pretty good with QR and PAT section IMO as well as giving me an outline on what I needed to know for the DAT. Ochem and Gchem can be learned using Chad's and checking your understanding with destroyer. Finally, RC could be done with hardly any practice. Although I did find that if you have a strong bio background, you could have some understanding for some of the topics making reading/understanding a lot easier.

I honestly didn't think KBB was very good, nor absolutely necessary with the plethora of other study materials available. So if you absolutely must get it, I'd wait till the new edition (2012?) is published and look through it at a bookstore if possible first.