Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

KCOM Interview Dec 10

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dctrben, Nov 22, 2001.

1. dctrben

dctrben Member

Hi all,

I just got invited to K'ville for an interview on the 10th of December. I am really looking forward to going there because I have heard that it is a great school making large strides into the future of DO education. Also, I absolutely love small towns.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to prepare (aside from the relax bit). Also, what can I expect?

Thanks for your help.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wifty

Wifty Eccentrically Silly
    Moderator Emeritus

Non-Student
    Congratulations!
    Its a great school with a great atmosphere. Hubby was accepted yesterday, and we are both still overly excited. :)

A good way to know whats in store, is to read <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com</a> and search for KCOM. That will provide the best info. If you have specific questions, hunt down some of the 2005 students on this board, and ask. Everyone is more then happy to talk with newbies because they honestly love their school.

Other than that, relax and be yourself. :) Which means, dress professionally but don't worry about such things as shaving off a beard if its part of who you are. Hubby didn't...and he's in. :)

Feel free to email me privately....and good luck!!!!
    Wifty

4. solie

solie Senior Member

Hi dctrben,

I interviewed at KCOM on Monday, and was accepted yesterday. Don't stress yourself out over it at all--they are all really nice people, and spend the day helping you get to know the school and making you feel comfortable.

Both of my interviewers were so great! They were both really conversational, although one did have a couple pages of questions written out for me to answer. Nothing too bad, though.

As long as you know what's motivating you to enter medicine, and why osteopathic medicine, in particular, it shouldn't be bad at all!

If you've already got an interview there, they are already really REALLY interested in you, and just want to find out whether you can carry on a conversation in a relatively insightful way.

If you like small towns, I'm sure you'll love the school--they really show it off well.

Good luck and have fun with it!
    :)