KCOM interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NMH2001, Oct 8, 2002.

1. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma

About how long after your file was complete did you find out if you have been selected for an interview or not? Thanks!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. s42brown

Attending Physician
    Hey hows it going, I haven't got an interview yet beings that I just got my MCAT scores. They were good so I am hoping to hear from them in a couple of weeks, however I did talk to them today. The lady assured me that once your file is complete it will be reviewed within a week and an interview will be scheduled within two to three weeks. KCOM is very receptive to applicants phone calls, just pick up the phone and call them. Good luck, and if you want to attend KCOM as much as I want to then hope to see you next fall.

Cutty:p :p :p

4. njdevil

Attending Physician
    Good news guys, once KCOM interviews you...you have a good shot. They interview a rather select number with intentions of acceptance as long as you don't talk your way out of a spot.

5. jpinsky

jpinsky Member

Hi NjDevil-

I have an interview at KCOM on Nov. 8th.....How do you know they accept most of the interviewees?.....I'm just nervous about all my interviews and your message got me kind of excited.

Jamie

6. double elle

double elle Senior Member

I don't think KCOM accepts most of its interviewees. However, I do know that KCOM doesn't interview people that they would not accept based on the apps alone.

So, in other words, if you got an interview....someone at KCOM is happy enough with your stats, statements, etc... The only hurdle left is to prove to them as a real person that you belong there. And, even though the interview day is rather informal and totally cool....individuals have come in with the idea they have already been accepted....and then were not. So, you can still blow it during interview day.

I guess my point in writing this is the fact that I have come across several people who think the interview pretty much guarantees an acceptance, so they really don't put their best foot forward during the interviewing process.

Don't want to see that happen to any of you!!!

Best of luck!
    KCOM, MSII

7. blike

blike Senior Member

The interview/acceptance rate is pretty high, but an interview definatly does not mean acceptance.

8. njdevil

Attending Physician
    If KCOM interview you, you have a pretty good shot! No guarantees, but a pretty good shot, they told me during my interview that they accept a high % of the interviewees. They will tell you promptly whether you are accepted, waitlisted etc via phone...

KCOM MSIV

9. kumar28

kumar28 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    hey all! I called yesterday to see if my app was complete and they told me that I had been selected for an interview..woohoo!
    I have a couple of questions and concerns though. I heard it's pretty tough just to get there. I'm coming from NC. Should I drive? Can I take a plane directly to Kirksville?

I'm also a little concerned because my new MCAt scores are being sent and they are 1 pt lower than my previous scores. I would rather not have them sent now. Is there any way to stop them from being sent out?

Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions and good luck to all of you.

PeAce

10. Archangel

Archangel New Member

How to get to KCOM? That is easier said than done. If you can fly into Kansas City or St. Louis, it is then ok to drive. My experiece was to fly into KC and rent a car. I didn't exactly follow the school's directions and was quickly tutored on the hills of Missouri. It takes about 3 hours from KC, and 4 from SL.
    I'd highly recommend driving in the day time and DON'T SPEED! The highway patrol really loves to ticket the interviewees. Flying into Kirksville is a lesson in frustration. The tickets for the short hop are expensive and only offered maybe once (or twice if you're lucky). Then you still have to rent a car. You could walk, its only a few miles, but I know you won't. You could call someone here in Kirksville, but that is up to you. The train is the same thing. It lets you off 12 miles from KCOM and I don't know of anyone except Enterprise who'll come and pick you up.
    One last piece of advice from a former interviewee, call someone (you should have been given a list from the school) and ask to stay with them. You'll learn a lot more and the school will be more real to you then. I didn't and regret it.
    I love the school. It really has the smartest of the smartest here. Good luck on your interview!!!

11. greymew

greymew Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi all,

I'm a first year student at KCOM, and I journal my experience here every day. If you want to see an open and honest account of medical school life (at KCOM), check out www.jasondreyer.com.

Also, if anyone needs a place to stay while they're here, don't hesitate to give me a call or email (the info is on my webpage). I'll give you the straight poop and show you where you need to be.

I hope this is helpful, and let me know if anyone has questions or concerns.

Take care, and good luck!
    -Jason