1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

KCOM student housing

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by dctrben, Nov 26, 2001.

1. dctrben

dctrben Member
    7+ Year Member

Is the on campus housing at KCOM any good?? I have only read what they say on their site about it. How much is it a month? Is the furniture good, or just all moth-eaten? Is it really worth the effort to get into it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bustinbooty

bustinbooty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

student housing is pretty nice and convenient from what I have heard. However, you can find more roomier places off campus for a cheaper price. A lot of it depends on if you want to live in close proximity to all the same people you spend everyday, all day with. As for me, I prefer my little hideaway about 1/2 mile away from campus. Look in the black book in the admissions office, it has some really great rental property listings for Kirksville that are close to campus. (Also, you can call the admissions office and request them to send you a copy of the rental listings. I'm pretty sure they would be more than happy to.)

4. John DO

John DO A.T. Still Endowed Chair
    7+ Year Member

Just a qualifier, BB; those houses that are listed with the admissions office may by good for single students, but I think that if you have a family, they just don't cut the mustard. Most of them were either too small, or just sub-par when you have children.

Instead, you should call a realtor, check out <a href="http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com" target="_blank">www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com</a> (classifieds), or ask some current students.