KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kshea

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I missed all of the earlier posts from incoming KCOM students! I am trying to get incontact with my future classmates, especially those from Southern California. I would love to hear about your plans for moving to Kirksville, housing plans.... etc! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I will be going to KCOM this August.. But not without having some fun first.. I am planning to quit my job in June and hang out over the summer. I will be driving to KCOM with my girlfriend.I live in SoCal(Fullerton, CA) so it'll be a journey for sure. I might stop by Vegas for some fun as well as some other tourist attractions along the way.
As far as housing is concerned, I got a two bedroom at the student housing facilities. I heard it's not that bad. It also saves me the trouble of trying to find a place to live at the last minute. It was pretty cheap too. Compared to the rent here anyways, I pay double the 385 dollar rent for a two bedroom here. It's also really close to the school so I'll be able to study or sleep in (yeah right...).
See ya,
Duke

I am in Santa Monica and will most likely be going to KCOM as well. I have been wait listed locally. Either way, I am going to win. But, as far as KCOM goes, planning on driving out in late July. I am working till May 28th ( I gave notice today and some of my associates don't believe me). I am then going to backpack somewhere.

I think KCOM is great and I would not mind a change from LA for a few years. As Duke and I have mentioned, I am all for organizing a SoCal-DO-to-be shin dig.

Congrats on getting in!?!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well folks, I will calling KCOM admissions tomorrow to get the FINAL WORD!! I'm definitely hoping it is a YES. To be honest, I was not expecting what I found in Kirksville. I knew it supposed to be a good school; but they have a very very nice program!! Of the schools I have seen, they have about the most impressive implementation of technology. And, the tiny town of Kirksville and northern locale is pretty darned attractive after suffering through 5 blistering summers here in Dallas, the city second only to LA in traffic congestion. You know, I could easily live the rest of my life NOT seeing the thermometer crest 100 NOR another 6 lane 5 mile traffic jam and be just ecstatic about it!!!!

I'll let you all know if I'll be a classmate tomorrow sometime!!!
smile.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

Well, the KCOM back-log continues...huge downer!! They told me to call back next Thursday...I'll let you all know then!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

Hang tough Dave!
Waiting always sucks, I know the feeling man.
Just hang in there and tell me what happens OK?
Good luck,
Duke
smile.gif

Dave,

Good things usually come to those who are patient. KCOM, unlike other schools, I do not think minds being called often by an excited prospective student.

One of my favorite quotes seems applicable for you;

Chance favors the prepared mind. -L.Pasteur

G-luck. I hope you are let in soon.