KCU-COM vs WesternU COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snicks32

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance because this post is personal, however I hope it will help someone else in the future.

I am happy to say that I have been accepted to both KCU-COM and WesternU-COMP. Before I make my decision between the two, I am hoping for a little advice/input/thoughts from all of you about the pros and cons of each school. It has been hard to narrow down which would provide a better education and/or residency match.

A little about me - I was born and raised in California, so WesternU is closer to family for me. Ultimately, I am hoping to establish my practice in California but I am not afraid of the adventure in med school or residency. Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Cost - self-explanatory - however, must factor in cost of aways rotations, travel expenses for residency interviews, moving to and back
Curriculum - minimal or maximal OMM time? Time to study for boards. Mandatory attendence
Quality of rotations - mostly office-based, community hospital or teaching hospital?
Access to specialty interest - school has department in specialty, established rotation in specialty?
Access to residency location - audition rotation in location you want to establish practice

Hi everyone, I apologize in advance because this post is personal, however I hope it will help someone else in the future.

I am happy to say that I have been accepted to both KCU-COM and WesternU-COMP. Before I make my decision between the two, I am hoping for a little advice/input/thoughts from all of you about the pros and cons of each school. It has been hard to narrow down which would provide a better education and/or residency match.

A little about me - I was born and raised in California, so WesternU is closer to family for me. Ultimately, I am hoping to establish my practice in California but I am not afraid of the adventure in med school or residency. Thanks for your time!
Well, do you like barbecue, or Mexican food and Napa wines????