Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1091211

Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I don't know much about these other schools, but I do know OK state CN pretty well. If you are able to, I would advise you to 1) apply for a OOS tuition waiver if you're from an eligible state with high enough stats and 2) wait until the spring to make your final decision on them. I was accepted in October, but wasn't notified about my financial aid until May. This could make it less expensive overall than KCU

Okay, I don't know much about these other schools, but I do know OK state CN pretty well. If you are able to, I would advise you to 1) apply for a OOS tuition waiver if you're from an eligible state with high enough stats and 2) wait until the spring to make your final decision on them. I was accepted in October, but wasn't notified about my financial aid until May. This could make it less expensive overall than KCU
Unfortunately, this action plan would mean paying multiple DO deposits, which I'm sure you know are pretty hefty. Personally, I would eliminate two schools and pay the bare minimum for the other options

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, this action plan would mean paying multiple DO deposits, which I'm sure you know are pretty hefty. Personally, I would eliminate two schools and pay the bare minimum for the other options
Yep...I remember paying OSUCOM's.

I think my post was misinterpreted- which is fair. I'm cramming for a final exam and my brain has actually melted. Because OP feels that OSUCOM is a good mission fit, and because their financial aid doesn't come until much later in the cycle, I was just suggesting that they may want to consider keeping them on the list. If I'm remembering correctly, I think OSU's deposit is roughly $100. That's still a lot of money, but it is definitely less than I've seen many other schools ask for on here. As for the others, I actually agree with you about narrowing it down pre-deposit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
P/F at KCU with non-mandatory attendance would make your life easier. You would have to ask in the school-specific thread about more specifics for the Joplin campus.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't go wrong with either schools. They've all been doing great so far. IMO, I would prioritize going with the cheaper option. At the end of the day, you're going to be a doctor at either of them, but you're also going to have loans to pay back. The less you have the better. OSU being a state school is probably the one with the most resources, so if it's possible to get in-state tuition after living there for a year that would be your best case scenario.

I’m 99% sure that OSU-COM doesn’t have mandatory lecture attendance if that helps at all!