KCU-KC or ARCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toyotaman

Reaction score
I am debating between KCU-KC and ARCOM. I recently learned that KCU-KC will be starting off online and ARCOM is planning on starting in person during the COVID-19 pandemic. Any feedback is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an ARCOM student, and I would go to KCU. It's more established, has their own GME programs already, and a great track record/name brand all of which would benefit you. I'm not saying ARCOM is bad, but KCU is better in the long run.

Reactions: 1 users
KCU-COM. Here is why:
-One of the founding DO schools
-Many tracks available
-Established DO program with GME programs (including derm)
-Kansas City is a major city and has more opportunities for you in terms of food (great food scene), nightlife (those post-exam night outs in the city), sports (football, baseball) and museums. In addition, the city itself will give you more access to potential research (KCU itself does not have too much research but other institutions in the city do)
In terms of COA, I see that KCU-COM is $76,334 vs ARCOM's $76,108. The differences are negligible and your money will go farther in the long term if you choose the more established program.

Finally, the matches for KCU-COM are quite good and are across the nation.

Reactions: 1 user
Ironically, I have been accepted to ARCOM, and I am on the waitlist for KCU. While both are great schools, my vote is for KCU. But ultimately, go to the school which suits you better and which feels right for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user